It is a contradiction of our era that the amount of Zoom leaves us exhausted and also that there are too many online events that we would like to attend. Here is our list of online events from this past month that we had registered for and couldn’t attend, attended for ten minutes before a child required attention, or need to see again.
- Jarvis Givens and Imani Perry, with Laura Heffernan and Chris Dowdy, “On The Black Teacher Archives,” Aydelotte Foundation, Swarthmore.
- Nicole Fleetwood, Fred Moten, Jesse Krimes, Mary Enoch Elizabeth Baxter, “Making Time: Art in the Age of Mass Incarceration, Book Launch,” MoMA PS1.
- Chanda Prescod-Weinstein and Katherine McKittrick, “In Conversation,” University of New Hampshire.
- Nick Mitchell and Roderick Ferguson, “Critical University Studies,” #MoreThanDiversity Campaign, University of Chicago.
- Jason Thomas Wozniak, Christopher Newfield, Eleni Schirmer, “Rebudgeting the University,” A New Deal for Higher Education, AAUP
- Ruth Wilson Gilmore, “Making Abolition Geographies: Social Justice Organizing for Vulnerable Households, Workers, and Communities,” Dresher Center for the Humanities, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Charisse Burden-Stelly, Silvia Federici, Joy James, Kathi Weeks, Charmaine Chua, “abolition x communism,” Mellon Sawyer Seminar in Contemporary Political Struggle, University of California, Davis.
- Melinda Cooper, Sarah Quinn, Peter James Hudson, Yakov Feygin, David Stein, “The Bonds of Inequality: A Roundtable on the New Book by Destin Jenkins,” Jain Family Institute.