There Will Be a Quiz!
A few brave Swarthmore faculty and alumni have been on Jeopardy. Some of our faculty and staff host or compete in Quizzos throughout the Philadelphia region. Now the Aydelotte Foundation is ready to bring this challenge home! The Aydelotte’s popular Second Tuesday Cafe series returns this fall with a Quizzo-style approach.
Faculty and staff presenters will offer up participatory quizzes based on an area of their expertise. Working in teams, audience members will use devices to respond to interactive quizzes on everything from technology in medicine, to minor characters in literature, to Quaker personalities.
Cafes are held from noon to 1 p.m. in the Scheuer Room of Kohlberg Hall. As always, all faculty and staff are invited to come together for a light lunch and some learning. Talks are aimed at a general audience and include plenty of time for Q&A.
Here’s the schedule for the fall:
- Sept. 10: Tim Burke (History) and Rachel Buurma (English Literature)
- Oct. 8: Maggie Delano (Engineering)
- Nov. 12: Megan Brown (History)
- Dec. 10: Celia Caust-Ellenbogen ’09 (Friends Historical Library)
Here’s the schedule for the spring:
- Feb. 11: Andrew Ward (Psychology)
- March 3: Sue MacQueen (Scott Arboretum)
- April 14: Rich Wicentowski (Computer Science)
- May 12: Jim Bock ’90 (Admissions)
Listen to past cafes.